When to Move House
While it's easy to see the best time to move houses, it is important that you consider your individual circumstances. The best time for one mover might not work for another. These are the most important factors to consider:
- Major holidays It can be hard to move during Christmas. It is difficult because of the stress and people involved in the holiday organization, but also because it can be dangerous due to slippery conditions. There are many options to move your home. Bank holidays and days off work can be used to save money. Avoid conflicts by avoiding holiday parties and engagements at work, such as Christmas parties.
- Moving house and children - It is not easy to move house and children. Stress can result from moving them from their home, especially if they don’t have the time to adjust. Remember the structure of school years. Students can take summer holidays to make new friends and say goodbye to old ones once they move to a new place. You can also enjoy half terms in spring, summer and autumn.
- Jobs You must be able to identify your job well. Is there a time of the year when you are busier? This is a great tip to share with your coworkers. To avoid unexpected problems, you should book your time off in advance. If your move requires that you leave your job, this shouldn't be an issue. It is important to start looking for work as soon as possible in the new area.
- Weather This is less important to you than it is to your removalists. It can be hard to transport heavy belongings in snowy, rainy or frosty weather. You don't want your mover to injure or cause damage to your belongings. It is best to avoid moving in the winter and spring. It can be difficult to choose the right time due to the UK's weather. It is important to keep in mind that you can feel fatigued and irritable when moving in the heat. This can be a problem if you are already stressed about moving.
- Removal availability You might decide that summer or autumn are the best seasons to move your house. You're not alone. These are the best times to move houses. You should make your appointment at least three months in advance to ensure that you get a slot.
- Timing - Summer is not only for the removers. The time of the year can have an impact on surveyors, mortgage providers, and conveyancers. If you aren't careful, your move could be delayed.